Monday, June 26, 2017

4.12.17

Today we celebrate 5 years with this cutie!
She is our calm, relaxed, and happy baby.
She is always quick to be my voice of reason when I'm stressed out or rushed whether she's telling me I just have to be patient in traffic or to tell me it's going to be "OK."
She is wise beyond her years, for sure!

Today we had a busy day planned for her.
A few months ago a Hurts Donuts opened in Frisco.
The line was over 2 hours long.
I joked with Norah and told her maybe we could go by her birthday...
...so, we woke up and headed straight over and there was no wait to be seen!
Norah picked out a bubble gum donut, Piper wanted the pinkest one in the case, and I had a carrot cake one for Brad since he couldn't be with us to celebrate this year.

I never head in the direction of Frisco anymore with the amount of construction & traffic, so I figured while we were down there we could make a trip to Ikea to pick up some new kid plates.
I love this store & it was very clear if I had an extra set of hands, we could have spent all day there.  The girls had a blast!

Norah had school in the afternoon, so I made a special trip to get her favorite meal {Happy Meals} and Piper and I joined her for lunch.  Her teachers surprised her with balloons and streamers in her locker & showered her with bubbles at lunch.
Today was bubble day at school, so Norah got to demonstrate her science experiment with me and then we treated her class to Trolls cupcakes.  They sang "Happy Birthday" to her & made her feel like the most special girl in the world!
I love Norah's school &  her teachers!

When we got home, Norah's best friend, Charlotte, and her family joined us in wishing her a Happy Birthday.
I am so glad to have them in our lives!
They have been such a rock for me with Brad being gone at school.
I really couldn't ask for better people in our lives & the fact that they drop everything for our girls to make them feel loved on their birthdays means the world to me.
It is so difficult for Norah to be away from Brad every day... she is such a Daddy's girl.  Mandy knew just how far this little gesture would go for us to not have to celebrate her day alone!  Sometimes it takes a village.  I'm so glad they're our village.

When I was lighting candles for her cake, Norah specifically requested 4 candles because she wasn't ready to grow up, yet.
So, 4 candles she got because, quite honestly, I'm not ready for her to grow up, either.

She loved all of her gifts, but boy oh boy, the bubble machine was a HUGE hit!  She shrieked so loud!
It doesn't take much to impress this one! :D

After getting the girls in bed, I went downstairs and decided to go through Norah's backpack to see if any crafts were sent home.
To my surprise, there was a large envelope with Norah's Kindergarten registration information inside.
It's official... my baby is becoming a little girl.
This mamma cried all of the tears that night.




No comments:

Post a Comment