Monday, April 10, 2017

12.24.16

It's Christmas Eve...
which means, stuff as much Christmas events into one day as possible!

Today we made Christmas cookies to leave for Santa.
Sugar cookies are probably my least favorite cookie to make, but I have the most fond memories of making them as a child that I can't help but to carry on the tradition with the girls.
Norah and Brad did all of the rolling and cutting while Piper ate the cookie cutters and I captured the moments.
I love every little inch from head to toe covered in flour & they both loved sending sprinkles everywhere to add the final touches to their cookies.

While we waited for the first batch to bake the girls had a marshmallow fight in the kitchen.
I'm going to go ahead and blame Brad for that one.
They loved it, though... so many giggles echoing throughout the house.

While the second batch baked, we tracked Santa on his journey around the world.  Just a few more hours until his big arrival!

And we closed out the night with the traditional 'Twas the Night Before Christmas reading from Daddy.  I love this moment where both girls are cuddled up on Brad's lap with so much excitement for Santa to arrive!!

And, off to bed they went with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads.


No comments:

Post a Comment