Saturday, February 11, 2017

08.22.16

Norah started pre-school today!
She is sooooo excited!
Everyone asked if I thought I would cry, and really for two weeks leading up to school, I didn't think I would.
I mean, how could I when Norah was grinning from ear to ear with excitement getting to conquer this milestone?!?!

But, alas, the first day of school came with all of it's jitters, and schedules, and lists. Norah was still so excited, carrying her backpack around the house all morning and asking if it was time to leave yet.  I was one strong mama... I thought, "I've got this!"

We pulled up to school, I took her in to the cafeteria to eat lunch, sat down next to her, told her to have a good day, listen, and make new friends.  I had been putting off Piper's normal 10:30am nap until we got home from drop off around 1pm, so I told Norah I had to leave so Piper could nap... that's when the waterfalls came... for me... not Norah.
Norah looked at me with a face full of nerves and said, "you sit in the parking lot, ok??  Don't drive!!!"
Oh man!  Why do we do this to ourselves??
She has been by my side for the last 4 years!!
Now, I have to put somebody else in charge of making sure she is safe and happy??  Somebody I don't even know??
But, luckily for us, Norah got the sweetest lady EVER for preschool!
Everyone is beyond kind and so attentive to the kid's needs!
I will admit, I'm so glad we put her in preschool instead of waiting until Kindergarten.  If I had to wait a full day to hug her without taking this "baby step," I think I would have simply lost my mind.
She already has a best friend and when we picked her up I asked her if she wanted to go back tomorrow...
...She said, "yes!!!" :)



No comments:

Post a Comment