Sunday, February 5, 2017

06.24.16-06.25.16 - Our Vacation to Broken Bow, OK

Brad came home from work one day all excited about these cabins he found online.
He couldn't wait to show me and had already started making plans with coworkers to book a cabin.
They were beautiful!!
He talked about them for weeks, so us wives took the reigns and found the perfect cabin for our two families.  It was the perfect time to vacation up in Oklahoma before they started a big project at work.

The biggest selling point was it was only 3 hours away!!!
Sign me up!!!

However, 3 hours felt like an eternity for some reason.  Norah had asked every 5 minutes if we were there yet {ok, I think it was every 2 1/2 minutes}.  But, although this made our trip feel so much longer, it was too cute to hear her go through that toddler milestone of "are we there, yet?"

When we finally arrived, everyone was ready to stretch our legs and explore the cabin.
We spent the first night chasing the girls around, and after putting Piper to bed, Norah, Brad, & I took a dip in the hot tub.  Norah had just completed swim lessons, so she was very confident she could swim in the "small pool."

On the second day, the girls were up with the sun... I noticed a little piece of light shining through the front door as I was squinting out of my eyes and trying to figure out how to use a regular coffee machine {oh, the things you forget when you have a Keurig}.
Piper was obsessed with that little sliver of light and the rainbows shining on her feet.  She snuggled on her baby doll and rocked her in the light.  She loves baby dolls & often has one in her arms or handing one over to me to pat her back and give her lovings & then she repays the favor when I hand baby back to her.

I took advantage of the rest of the house sleeping and made everyone pancakes and bacon {which I'm sure was cold by the time everyone woke up}.
We spent our days playing foosball out on the porch, Norah played board games, ate watermelon, and built life sized Lincoln Logs.
Piper ate everything she could find from Goldfish crackers to pine cones.

It was a very lazy weekend.
I knew it would go quick and this mama just wanted to put her feet up and relax...
...well, when I wasn't chasing littles around.
We had a camp fire, relaxed in the hammock, and grilled every day.
It was wonderful, yet far too short!!
I can't wait until the temps aren't in the hundreds again so we can go camping!!


































No comments:

Post a Comment