Wednesday, December 28, 2016

02.28.16

Well, it's been a while since I have been to my blog.
10 months to the day, to be exact!!

2016 was an extremely successful year for my photography business.
I stayed busy throughout the year and was able to upgrade my camera based on Fall sessions, alone.
But, in turn, my personal photos took a back seat.  It's hard to edit your own photos when you spend every waking moment editing everyone else's.

I wasn't sure I was going to continue this blog, but when we were faced with the news that Brad would be taking on a new job in 2017 with the Navy, I have no choice but to slow down with my business until we relocate.
So, I thought now was as good of a time as any to update my blog through 2016 and made a personal goal to take more photos of my own family and document those times for them as they grow older.
It's hard to believe, looking back a year ago, how much the girls have grown.  I didn't realize just how much Piper's cheeks had slimmed out since last winter and how much Norah looks more like a little girl than an older baby.  They have changed so much!
So, keeping this blog alive is just as important for me as it is for them.

------------

Last February we took the girls to tea with the princesses.
They both dressed up as Snow White {Norah's request}.
She wanted so badly for Piper to match her dress.
All of the princesses were there from Anna & Elsa to Cinderella & Rapunzel.  There was even a surprise appearance from Olaf, whom Norah wasn't overly fond of... something about the full body costumes has always made her nervous.
They had treats and dancing, a carriage & one-on-one time with each princess.  Norah was in her own little piece of heaven.

------------

I have grown so much in my photography since these photos were taken... it's painful to go back and try to edit these {I didn't try hard because there isn't much I can do to bad light and blurry photos}, but I know no matter how terrible they may be, it was a fun day & I don't want to forget that.




No comments:

Post a Comment