Thursday, November 12, 2015

09.08.15

Have I mentioned before how much I love the play groups we belong to?
Sometimes I second guess getting out of the house because there is always so much to do, but it's so important for all of us to get out, get some vitamin D, let Norah burn some energy, and let me socialize with the other moms.
On this particular day there was a meet-up at the beach & since we had to return books to the library across the street, anyway, we decided that there wasn't a better event to attend.
After all, I don't think we had been to the beach since moving to Texas.

For those who aren't overly familiar with Texas, Dallas is smack dab in the middle of North Texas.  There aren't any oceans nearby... so, when I say we went to the beach, I mean we went to the lake to play in the sand.  Lakes are a big change for us.  We have lived by the ocean for the past 4 years.  I miss it, but I'm happy there is an alternative to our norm.

No matter how many play dates we go to and with Kid Care at church, Norah still prefers to play on her own.  When the kids would walk away from the toys they were playing with, she would snag them up and start playing at the far end of where our group was.  Before we left she had all of the buckets (except her own), sand toys, and somebody else's sunglasses & it took a lot of convincing to give them back.

And, like any other outing, I wore Piper in the Tula and she slept the entire time while I got my feet wet.  Thank goodness for the other moms making sure Norah didn't go too far into the water.












No comments:

Post a Comment