Thursday, August 6, 2015

06.20.15

Brad loves history.
I'll be honest, I didn't absorb as much as I wish I had about history in high school & college.
As an adult, I find it all so much more fascinating.
So, when we find a new museum to hit up, I jump on the opportunity.
It's a learning experience.

When we found out we were moving to Dallas, I couldn't wait to check out the 6th Floor Museum where President JFK was shot.  I can't believe it took us this long to get there, but when I was brainstorming for Father's Day plans, I just knew it was right up Brad's alley.

I have to admit, it isn't a great place for a 3 year old since it's a self guided tour with headphones & a lot of picture and description boards throughout.  Norah couldn't wait to leave to get some ice cream.  I felt bad for her... but, it was still a great experience.

Sadly, no photos were allowed inside the museum, but I made sure to capture some from the outside including the open window where Lee Harvey Oswald was stationed & the "X" on the street where JFK was shot.  I have seen pictures of the "X" before & I did say to Brad how I thought it was bigger.  Just a small, simple "X" in the middle of the road, but it speaks volumes.








No comments:

Post a Comment