Tuesday, July 21, 2015

05.27.15

So, let me ask you this...
Have you ever moved just after having a baby??
It's a lot of work... Trust me, I know!!
When Norah was 2 weeks old, we moved from Florida to Maryland.
And, here we are, Piper is just over a month old and we're moving again.  Luckily, though, this time we just moved across the highway.
The difference between this move and our move up the East Coast is we had to pack & move everything ourselves.
We were the moving company this time.
It was a lot of work, but it was so worth it!
I was overwhelmed, to say the least.
I was juggling two kiddos and trying to meet a very short deadline.
I felt like my head was spinning in circles and Brad knew it.
He would find little ways to let me know that all was ok & the hard work would pay off.
If I have one wish for my daughters, it's that they are able to find somebody who loves them and showers them with little sentiments as much as Brad does for me.  I hope they see our love & treat/are treated the same way some day.
His parents taught him well.



So, with all of this packing came the biggest move of our lives.
For the first time in our lives, Brad & I are homeowners!!
We love Texas & could definitely see ourselves settling down here.
When we moved here last year, we thought we found the perfect house.
We intended to rent for the year and then potentially buy that home, but the more I lived in it, the more I found things I didn't like about it {things that we couldn't change like the floor plan}.
So, when the lease was due to end, we started talking about buying.
We started the search and found the cutest home just across the highway from where we were leasing.  We put an offer on it before Piper was even born {I know, who are the crazies that go house hunting while 9 months pregnant?? These people!!}
When the previous owners accepted our offer we were elated but oh so nervous for the whole process of buying a house.  We had heard so many horror stories of inspections and appraisals, so every time a new hurdle approached us, we held our breath and prayed that all would work out.  I think we were more nervous of having to start the search over than anything else.  It is a difficult market in the Dallas area.  Nothing stays on the market for more than a week... well, nothing worth buying, anyway.  And nothing goes for asking price.  It's nail biting for sure.  But, we were so blessed to have Brad's parents staying with us for the beginning of the process.  They are pros and were such a huge help answering our questions & getting the ball rolling because let's be honest, we were clueless!

While we were house hunting, we would tell Norah that we were going to look at castles & that Daddy was going to buy her a castle.  She had this recent fascination with castles and Omah had just bought her a My Little Pony castle.
Even now, if I tell Norah we're "going home" she will correct me and tell me, "No.  We're going to the castle!"
Yes, Norah.  We're going to your castle! :)

We found a beautiful, not typical Texas style home, in a town that was designed to resemble Providence, Rhode Island.
It is our New England house in the heat of Texas.
I think my dreams came true!! :)
It's perfect!

Sadly, this is the only picture I got of the house on move-in day.
There was nobody around to get the photo I wanted of us as a family standing in front of our new home and I just recently found my tripod while unpacking.  I envisioned a picture of us standing by our "For Sale" sign with a big sign across it that said "Sold," but a sign was never placed in our yard to do that.
Nobody handed us our keys at the end and said "congratulations!!"
It was not at all as I expected it to be, but in the end, I'm happy we got this house and that is good enough for me.

Now, we have the luxury of doing some work!!
Time to get some bushes and grass seed for that front yard!
I'll post more pictures as progress is made. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment