Tuesday, July 21, 2015

05.24.15

We have made some great friends over the past year here.
One family, in particular, came from Maryland.
Brad worked with Allen there, and yet, somehow, I hadn't met his family until they moved here!  Which is really such a shame because they are the kindest and most down to earth family! They have that genuine southern charm that everyone talks about.  I wish I had the opportunity to get to know them a few years ago, but I'm so glad I get to hang out with them now!

For Memorial Day, they had a get together with a few of the families the guys work with.
They had a crawfish boil & boudin.
There were crawfish for days & Brad went to town!!
The kids were having a great time picking them up from the cooler to inspect them.  Norah kicked off her shoes, played on the scooters & with the jump ropes, & chased the other kids around all while Piper snuggled and snoozed.
I will say it is very difficult to capture photos while snuggling a newborn {and, of course, we never seem to get any of her}. :(

But, it was a good ol' fashioned southern cookout with great company.






No comments:

Post a Comment