Tuesday, May 19, 2015

04.12.15 - 3 years







Norah turned 3 today!!!
It amazes me that three years have gone by so fast!
She has grown so much in just one year!
Her hair went from her shoulders to half way down her back and she's starting to lose that baby pudge in her face.
It makes me so sad that my baby is growing up so fast, but she makes us so happy watching her grow!!
Her personality grows right along with her!
She is so funny & she knows it!
She laughs at everything & wakes up singing every morning.
She loves to spend her day outside no matter what the weather!
Her vocabulary grows each day.  
She ends her sentences with "...maybe?"  
"Norah, what would you like for dinner?"
"mmmmm.... cookies, maybe?"
Always cookies!!!

---

We got to spend the whole month of April with Omah here!
Norah LOVED having her here and so did we!
They played every day with her My Little Ponies.
Norah tested Omah daily on their names {and Omah knew them all}!!
They danced, they sang!
Norah really opened up to Omah!!  It was wonderful to see!

Norah started her day with a cupcake...
if it's sugar, it's bound to be a hit,
but boy was she bashful when it came time to sing "Happy Birthday" to her.  She hid her face in her arms.

Norah's day was very low key.  We didn't have a big birthday party this year for her since her sister was due on April 9th.  We feared we would have to cancel it last minute to have a baby. And, since her sister hasn't arrived yet, I was on a mission to not have a baby on Norah's big day, so I stayed put for the majority of the day.  If I walked further than half a block, Brad would tell me to sit down.
We were determined to keep this her special day!
In turn, Norah kept Brad VERY busy.
They ran up and down the yard trying to fly a kite {on the least windy day of them all}.  Norah couldn't get enough and Brad couldn't say no to his princess, so they spent a good hour "flying" her Frozen kite.

Norah and I baked a cake.
She specifically requested chocolate cake with chocolate frosting this year.
It wasn't pretty, but it was delicious!!
We added some yummy strawberries to the top... Norah's favorite.

Omah took us to lunch and when we returned, we sang "Happy Birthday" again and gave Norah her gifts...
a new, pink "cycle bike" as Norah calls them and a helmet from Omah and Opah!
We headed right outside to try them out!
She insisted on Daddy's help which meant more work for her sleep deprived Daddy... again, anything to make his little girl happy!
We headed in when the skies started turning dark and Norah started walking.

It was a wonderful, low key day, focused 100% on Miss Norah!
She loved every second of it!

Happy Birthday, my sweet girl!!
















1 comment:

  1. When I look at the pictures I can hear Norah's voice in my memory :-) Run with me, Jump with me, Play play dough with me and play friends. It was a magical time for me getting to share all the time with you all. It was such a special time and can' wait to return to visit again. Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete