Saturday, March 28, 2015

02.24.15

According to the locals, it has been a pretty mild winter here.
With the exception of a dusting, which melted in a matter of an hour, in the beginning of the season, we haven't had any snow or freezing rain until the end of February.
Then, it turned into 3 days {which felt like weeks} of bad weather.
The one thing I love about this city is that it shuts down for ice.
There are a lot of bridges and overpasses here that freeze in a matter of minutes once the freezing rain hits.  As a previous New Englander, it's almost comical to watch vehicles try to climb the ramps on the news, but in all seriousness, Vermont didn't have roads that were built like Dallas.  The bridges/ramps are minimal, but do-able there.  They have hundreds of plows and salt trucks.  We have 3 for the entire metroplex, I think.
So, when they shut everything down, and none of us have to risk driving in it, I'm a happy camper.

I got stuck driving home from work for the first time in 5 years in the snow.
I was TERRIFIED!
Not that I was EVER comfortable driving in the snow, but it's a completely different ball game when you're pregnant and have your little one in the car. 
We took our time {taking an hour to go 20 minutes} and made it home in one piece.

Norah was very intrigued by the snow this year, although, it was more ice than snow.
This was progress from the last two years which ended in tears if we asked her to even walk on it, let alone play in it.
When she took her first fall on the ice, she was done and wouldn't go back outside in it again.
Which, ultimately, is ok by me.
I would much rather stay inside and sip hot cocoa.
{Here she is again with the chocolate cookie ring around her mouth... my little sweet tooth!}






1 comment: