Sunday, December 28, 2014

11.27.14 {Thanksgiving}

Every year, Omah & Opah split their time between Thanksgiving & Christmas with Brad & his sister.
Last year, we had Thanksgiving at our home in Maryland, so it was Jenni's turn to host it this year & since we all live in the same state now, we joined in on the fun.
I'll be honest, Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday.
It's a lot of chaos & preparation for one day of stuffing our faces.
I always say, it just gets in the way of extra Christmas celebrations.  Skip the stress and bring on the lights and caroling!
But, it's always nice to spend time with family & friends, so I won't complain about it too much.

We woke up bright and early to the sound of excited kids!
We watched the parade & us ladies spent the day in the kitchen preparing the feast while the kiddos colored.
I made an attempt at my famous pumpkin roll... which was a BIG FLOP!!  Sending this hormonal pregnant mama to tears.
But, in the end, there was plenty of delicious food & great company!
Jenni & Mom took the kids to the park, while I put my feet up & rested a bit in the afternoon {I stole some pictures from Jenni's blog to store those memories}.

And, at the end of the day, Cooper had a birthday to celebrate!
He was thrilled to unwrap a giant firetruck and firefighter's hat!
These kiddos are growing up so quickly!











{the following photos are courtesy of Jenni's blog}:






No comments:

Post a Comment