Sunday, September 21, 2014

09.21.14

Today is a tough day for me and our family.
Nine years ago I was in PA, holding my mom's hand as she took her last breath.
She had fought a long battle with lymphoma & she fought hard, but God had a bigger plan.
I know she watches over us frequently.
She is often times in my dreams & I love the nights when I can see her face again & talk with her.  I know she's close by!
When she passed, there were two things that weighed heaviest on my heart...


1) She wouldn't be there to see us get married.

& 

2) She wouldn't meet our children.


But, as time went by, and we found ourselves on a beach in Jamaica exchanging our vows, I knew she was right there with us.

When Norah was born, I knew her Nina hand picked her!  Gosh, my mom would just LOVE her!  She reminds me of my mom so often & I love those little reminders!

And today, I know she's in heaven, smiling down on us because we have big news....



Norah's going to be a big sister!!
She is oh-so-excited for the baby to arrive in April!  What a wonderful birthday present to her!!
And, as much as I don't think she really gets the fact that she's going to be a big sister, she certainly has become my baby all over again.  She wants to be rocked while we sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star at bed time & she snuggles just that much more!
But, she is going to be a great big sister & we are so excited to add another sweet baby to the family!

I know my mom will continue to be there with us & watching over us.  She is an amazing mom & Nina to us all & we certainly do miss her!


No comments:

Post a Comment