Sunday, June 15, 2014


On May 15th, we packed up the car & said goodbye to our little military home in Maryland!
Brad got a Uhaul so he didn't have to put his precious motorcycle in the hands of the movers.  When he returned to the house with a Vermont Uhaul I hoped it was a good sign!

Norah cried as we packed up the house, I cried when we said goodbye to all of our neighbor's kids before heading off to school.
There's something about saying goodbye to the kiddos that really pulls at the heart strings.
They totally get it & it's so much harder for them to cope with the realities of moving than it is for us adults!
Saying goodbye to our great friends was equally has heart wrenching!
We made some great friends in Maryland... some went to Japan, others to California, & the rest stayed right where they are in Maryland.
We always hope & pray we can be reunited with everyone down the road!

We stopped at the grocery store to pick up some snacks before leaving town.  Norah had fallen asleep in the cart before we ever got out of the store.  I'm not sure if that was a good thing, but with the amount of fear I had for this trip, Norah did wonderfully!
She smiled 99% of the time she was awake!
The car was equipped with a DVD player.
The Lorax played on repeat through 3 states.
The back seat was full of toys, babies, & the iPad close by.
Whatever made her happy.
And she was happy.
Which made us happy.

Brad drove about 14 hours straight to his cousin's house outside of Nashville.
We were so excited to arrive even though he wasn't there.  We were going to meet his lady for the first time!!  And let me tell you, she's as awesome as he tells us she is!!
In the morning it was a quick meet up with Katie before she went to work, but we stuck around to Skype with Craig in Afghanistan!
Norah chased the cats around & got into everything {sorry Craig & Katie}!  Thank you so much for opening your door to us!  We can't wait for a longer visit once you're home, Craig!

We got back on the road that morning & drove from Nashville to a hotel in New Boston {right over the Texas border}.  The GPS added a few hours to our trip by taking us on back roads instead of keeping us on the highway in Arkansas.
There was a lack of bathrooms and gas stations.  It was a bit miserable, but lesson learned... the GPS is not always right.
Norah was still happy.

And, after breakfast the next morning we got back on the road for the last leg of the trip to San Antonio to spend a week with Brad's sister & family!
This leg of the trip was frustrating for Norah.  It was obvious she had had enough.
We tried to remind her that we only had a few hours to go, but it's hard to reason with a 2 year old, sometimes.

We arrived at the Sclater's a little after dinner on the 17th & WHAT A BLAST we had the time we were there!!
Norah loved being surrounded by kids!
She learned to share & how to climb up & down the stairs without help.
She says "me" a lot now & loves "choo choos."
She experienced being away from both of us for the first time in her life!
That was so hard on all of us!
But, nothing beat the hugs we received when we returned to San Antonio after house hunting in Dallas.
I felt like she grew so much in the short time we were there.

Maddox was obsessed with Brad's motorcycle!
He kept asking to go for a ride, so with everyone's approval, they geared up and went for a very slow paced ride around the block.
Tre even got in on the fun...
...I still have not.

Thank you for such a wonderful time, Jenni & Rod!  We are looking forward to the next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment