Thursday, December 5, 2013

11.29.13

The day after Thanksgiving we got up early & crammed into the back of Omah & Opah's rental car & headed straight for Williamsburg.
Brad and I had a trip planned to Colonial Williamsburg the weekend before Christmas, but we made the decision to cancel it when I made the decision to be a stay at home mom.
I was bummed I wouldn't be seeing the town decorated for Christmas, but Brad's mom told me all about how they used to put the kids in the car and make a day trip out of it when they lived in Maryland {and they lived even further north than us, so if they could do it, I knew we could, too}!
The 3 hour drive each way was completely worth it!!  I was thrilled to be able to share this moment with Brad's parents.  They went there MANY years for the holiday season.  Brad & his family have so many memories there!  I loved hearing about all of the taverns & shops that they frequented.  It was great to be able to share the day with family.

We started out with lunch at King's Arms Tavern!  We all had a fantastic & very filling meal!  Omah & I ducked into all of the shops while Opah & Brad parked outside with the stroller & sneaked away for ginger cookies.
I fell in love with all of the wreaths on the store fronts!
We ran into Santa {seriously, the best Santa I have ever seen!!!  I love his colonial look}.
Norah was unsure of him... I'm extremely nervous for our trip to sit on Santa's lap this year.  I have a feeling it won't go as well as last year, but I'm hopeful that Norah will surprise me.
We listened to a band of saxophonists.
Norah danced with her Daddy & we clapped along to all of the Christmas carols.

When we visited Williamsburg & Jamestown over the summer we decided to skip Yorktown.
Knowing that I hadn't experienced it, Brad's mom suggested we take a drive over there & do a quick drive through.  It was quaint!  Maybe someday we will have a chance to walk around, but I was more than thrilled to at least see what it had to offer.

It was a beautiful day full of great company!





{I love how his guitar is taped}














We arrived at home just in time to catch The Elf on the Shelf on TV.  Norah's cousins were so sweet to send a request to the North Pole for Norah to have her own elf for Christmas & what better time for him to arrive than right after the movie?!?
His name is Bing {silly me was under the impression that it was Crosby, but Brad corrected me} & she fell in love immediately!  She finds him every morning with little to no help.  I have usually forgotten about him when I hear "seeeee.... seeeee!!!"
It's just as much fun to see her reaction as it is to see the new places he lands every night.  What a great tradition!  Thanks Sclaters!!! <3 font="">


No comments:

Post a Comment