Friday, September 27, 2013

09.27.13

I have wanted to update my blog for so long,
but sadly, Brad's laptop broke & he took mine with him on DET.  I didn't even think to take all of the photos off of it before he left, so they are all with him & will have to wait until his return to be added to the blog... bummer.
 
Tonight is a big night.
Our baby is quickly hitting more and more milestones.
Each day I look at her I see less of a baby and more of a little girl.
To say this mama is getting baby fever is an understatement, but it will have to wait because I will not be moving 8 months pregnant! 
In the meantime, I am enjoying every moment with little Miss Norah & trying so hard to stop the hands of time, but alas, it is inevitable... she is going to grow up.
 
For the past few months we have fought off the transition to a toddler bed.  Every time I opened the closet and saw it propped against the wall I cringed at the thought, but I just couldn't wait anymore.
We have lost the opportunity to let Norah "cry it out" when she doesn't want to nap or sleep.
See, this little one is smart... she knows that mommy and daddy will come a-running if she puts her leg between the bars of her crib. 
And we do... every time.
But, what she must forget each time is that her little legs get a little bigger each day & it gets harder and harder to get them out each time.  So, for fear of having to cut the crib, or worse, Norah hurting herself even more than she already does, we have made the decision to transition her to her toddler bed.
 
**sigh**
 
I tried to play it smart... waiting until a Friday night so I have the whole weekend to fight this inevitable battle & still being able to function the next day {or at least having the opportunity to do a whole lot of nothing if I don't have the energy to do so}.
So, I set up her bed as soon as work let out & invited her up to play.
 
She was so excited by the new founded freedom to crawl in and out of her bed.
She found her stuffed animals immediately, and without skipping a beat, put it's foot directly in her mouth.
Norah was thrilled.
 
Up
&
Down
.
.
.
Up
&
Down
 
I knew immediately that this would be our  first bedtime experience tonight & my suspicions/fears were right. 
Come bedtime I stuck with our nightly ritual by reading her Good Night Moon & saying our prayers.  I laid her down, kissed her forehead, and told her I would see her in the morning & left the room.
After walking back upstairs 6 times, I stayed and held her hand until she finally closed her eyes and entered dreamland. 
 
The toddler bed is a big transition for both of us.  I was scared, nervous, and sad all at once.  Scared she would get into something and hurt herself, nervous she would never fall asleep and we would be putting up her crib again, and oh-so-sad that my baby girl is in a big girl bed.  When they said they grow up too fast, they weren't kidding.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Miss N in a bed...Kalen can't you slow down the growth a bit?? Time is going by in a flash and the next post will be that she is potty trained.. The bed looks great and Miss N looks pretty happy about her new sleeping quarters.. Princess of the big girl bed :-)

    Miss N you are looking great in your big girl bed. Have lots of good dreams...xxxooo Love you, Oma and Opa..

    ReplyDelete