Monday, July 29, 2013

Colonial Williamsburg **06.01.13**

I have heard about Colonial Williamsburg my entire life.
My parents honeymooned there.
Brad's family vacationed there annually.
A location I have wanted to cross off of my bucket list
for a long time, so we booked a suite at 
The Historic Powhatan Resort 
& took the 3 hour drive to Virginia for the weekend.
We arrived Friday evening, just in time to let Norah explore
the room & put her to bed.

We woke up on Saturday to Daddy's homemade eggs and toast
which were quickly scattered across the dining room floor
{well, Norah's share was}.
And Norah got a quick nap in before we ventured out for the day.

I had no idea what to expect.  
I envisioned a stroller being the biggest headache possible
between the cobblestone and dirt roads 
& constantly having to take her out to go into the shops & museums.  
So, I decided I would carry her the entire day.
I called it "Weighted Williamsburg for Time"
{although, I couldn't tell you how long we were there}.
It was hot... 
Norah loved it... 
and I got one heck of a workout & lots of snuggles in.


















Norah fell asleep in Daddy's arms before dinner.
We enjoyed a meal at, Chowning's Tavern.
Turns out there wasn't much for vegetarians back in the day,
but I must say the beer and ice cream were delicious!
We were serenaded by a violinist.
Norah clapped right along.
We had the most wonderful day...
and this was only the beginning of our trip.








No comments:

Post a Comment