Thursday, January 24, 2013

first snow

We woke up to a big surprise this morning... SNOW!!
I'm a big grump bump when it comes to snow.  It makes me nervous, anxious, angry, annoyed, and a handful of other not-so-pleasant emotions.  It's the number one reason I ever wanted to leave New England.  If it could be summer all year there, I would have stayed forever!  After 10 years of 5-6 month long winters, I could go the rest of my life without seeing snow again.  We were so blessed to spend the past two years in SoCal & Florida.  When we found out we were coming north again, I cringed at the thought that we could possibly have snow.  I guess making it to the end of January before seeing the first snow fall isn't too bad, though.  On the plus side, I work from home now, so there's nowhere I have to drive to myself.  :)  When Brad woke me up at 5am to tell me he had to brush a few inches of snow off of the car, my brain automatically went back to panic mode like it used to in Vermont when I knew I had to face the 45 minute commute to work.  It's so strange, but I couldn't fall back to sleep.  I have to admit, though, I was excited for Norah to experience her first snow day.  Turns out she loved it as much as we did.  The poor girl got all bundled up for all of 2 minutes in the snow.  Damon, on the other hand, was happy to be trotting around the yard.




3 comments:

  1. <3 it she's so stinkin cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Gosh, Norah looks like she is done with the snow! Cold and wet.. :-(

    Damon on the other hand looks like he is right at home :-)

    ReplyDelete