Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Time is Here

We have been in a rush to get things done around here.  It seems like Brad is home for two weeks at a time & then gone again, so the day after Thanksgiving we started our rush to get the Christmas season underway.  Brad and I are not fake tree people.  We love the experience of walking around the farm, searching for the perfect tree & cutting it down.  We had the best place to go to in Upstate New York.  I missed that farm this year.  I did some online searching for a farm here in Maryland.  I found two with websites in the area & thought one looked so much nicer than the other and they really made themselves sound like a wonderful place to cut your own tree.  So, we took a drive on Friday after I got out of work to find that perfect tree.  The directions and address didn't lead us to the farm and we were about to give up our search when we stumbled across it after taking a different road back to our original location.  

We were so excited to cut Norah's first Christmas tree!  

I have this wonderful ability to have these picture perfect moments in my head & I always get so sad when it doesn't go just as I had imagined.  We pulled up to the farm, which looked so much smaller in person than it did on the website... and so did the trees.  They weren't much taller than Norah!  We asked the guy where all of their trees were & they said they have them shipped in from Pennsylvania.  I was so sad!!  We spent so much time driving around looking for the farm and I had an appointment to get to, so we couldn't move on to the next farm to cut our own tree.  We settled for a pre-cut tree, but it is beautiful nonetheless.  I don't have any pictures of Norah getting her first Christmas tree since she never got out of her car seat.  I'm sad she missed that experience, but she'll enjoy it more next year, anyway.

******************************************************************************************
 
On Saturday, we drove to Annapolis so Norah could sit on Santa's lap.  I was curious how she would react.  I had been reading all of these updates about being 8 months old and how babies start to fear strangers at this stage.  Norah isn't around many strangers, so this was our true test.  I think she's just a people person.  She LOVED Santa & even snuggled up to him a little.







********************************************************************************************

Norah is becoming so smiley!  She even "cheeses" for the camera!!

 


Check out those teefers!!!  I'm so excited to share Christmas with her!  It's one of my favorite holidays & I love watching her first reactions to all of these new sights!  I just adore her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment