Friday, September 7, 2012

family

I am so far behind on blog posts... I don't know where I'll find the time to catch up, but I will take it one step at a time, I guess.  I almost lost all of these pictures when I accidentally deleted my entire "Pictures" folder last week.  After a bit of panic, lots of tears, searching my entire computer, and walking away for 24 hours, it turns out they were in my recycle bin the entire time.  I don't know how I missed that the first 200 times I checked in there.  But, they were retrieved and I am a happy girl!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In August, we were very blessed to have my brother & his family stay with us for a few days.  We haven't had a vacation with them since this trip in July 2010 in Vermont & we sure have missed them {look how much those kiddos have grown in 2 years}!  Their 5 day visit was far overdue!  We spent a lot of time relaxing, catching up, and allowing everyone to love on Norah... and she just melts over all of them!  She loves my brother's voice & faces, Pam's snuggles, Bryn's kisses, and she just love, love, LOVES Dylan!!  And, I must admit, I have never seen an 11 year old so naturally good with a baby before!  He's going to be a great daddy someday, but in the meantime {and no rush, by any means, with the daddy card} he is an amazing cousin to Norah!!

During their visit we searched for a beach... turns out the majority of the beaches around here are private.  So, after an afternoon of driving around Sullivan's Island, we landed at the pool in our development.  It turned out to be perfect.  The weather was beautiful and the kids were able to enjoy some swimming!














I can't tell you how much I love this picture of the cousins!!!  It is definitely getting hung somewhere in my house {and that's a pretty big deal in my house... I don't have many pictures hanging up anywhere other than artwork... that is going to change}.

I am missing them all terribly!  I miss playing Cooties with Bryn, having them around our dining room table catching up on life, all of the extra kisses and hugs for Norah {I love knowing she is so loved & watching her showered with it}, learning all of the newest and coolest trends from Dylan, and having my brother & 'sister' nearby.  We have become so close over the years & I love knowing we live much closer & can have these weekends more often.


I love this picture... blurriness & all!  Norah is awed by her Uncle Jason!  She always turns towards his voice, giggles at his faces & loves his snuggles!  He's such a fun uncle!

We had more adventures during their stay... stay tuned for the next post {if I ever get the pictures off of my camera}.  We had a blast!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment