Sunday, May 20, 2012

grey blue eyes

While Brad slept this morning, Norah and I had some mommy/daughter time.  I am mesmerized by her eyes everyday.  I prayed for a blue eyed girl throughout my entire pregnancy.  I know most babies are born with blue eyes & that there is plenty of time for them to change color, but I really think they'll stay blue {at least I continue to pray for that anyway}.  My mom had the most beautiful blue eyes.  They looked like the ocean.  Even during her last few weeks in the hospital, all of the doctors and nurses would compliment her on them.  I see my mom frequently in Norah's eyes.  I know my mom would just melt over Norah like we do.  And of course, Norah's daddy has some pretty amazing blue eyes, too.  I seem to get lost in them everyday.

Norah's eyes are this amazing dark slate grey blue.  I've never seen eyes this color.  In the past couple of weeks the inner part of her eye has gotten a little lighter {hence why I'm thinking she'll stay a blue eyed girl}.  There's nothing wrong with my brown eyes, but there's just something that gets me about  those baby blues.

  



Before running out today, I asked Brad to dress Norah... he grabbed this dress out of her closet:



I made this dress months ago and would have never thought it would fit her yet since the tutorial was for 0-3 months and she is still in newborn sized clothes.  I'm so glad Brad grabbed it because I'm not sure how much longer she'll get to wear it {btw, when did my little girl get so big??}  I've come to the conclusion today that I need to make one of these dresses in every size and color.  She looked too cute in it!  And then I need to find the time to make diaper covers to match and to hide those silly Pampers!!

8 comments:

  1. OMGosh Kalen, Norah is looking so beautiful! She is so cute in her dress and Brad did good! I just love her expressions, they crack me up! So cute..
    Norah's hair is getting lighter maybe she has some of the Krueger color in her :-) Keep the pictures coming we can't get enough!
    xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny... we thought it was getting darker! Remember how light her hair was in the front? It was just peach fuzz... you really had to look to see that she even had any. I guess time will tell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post!
    It is the little changes that produce the most significant changes.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Feel free to visit my blog post ... currency exchange

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asking questions are actually good thing if you are not understanding something fully, however
    this paragraph gives fastidious understanding yet.
    Here is my weblog neucopia compensation plan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somebody necessarily assist to make critically articles I'd state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular post incredible. Magnificent activity!

    My blog ... Trademark office

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when browsing from my iphone4. I'm trying to find a theme or plugin that might
    be able to fix this problem. If you have any recommendations, please share.
    Cheers!

    Also visit my site - peoples quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

    Also visit my blog: Summitt Energy Complaints

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this post is old, but I'm wondering if your little girl's eyes stayed blue or turned a different color. My baby's eye color looks identical to hers and I Am very curious. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete