Thursday, May 31, 2012

crows

Well, it's been a long time coming... Back in March, Brad took the Third Class Petty Officer exam & we have been waiting patiently for the results.  They finally posted last Friday & I am proud to say, my husband made the cut.  He is now an E-4, in what he always refers to as "the world's finest Navy!"  Today was the pinning ceremony & I didn't want to miss it.  Luckily we have great friends here in Pensacola Lexington Park {haha... someday I'll remember where we live} who we trust to leave our sweet little lady with.  This was the first time I have been away from Norah since she was born & our friend Kim made it so easy knowing that she was in safe hands!  Being 5 minutes up the road may have helped, too....baby steps.  :)  We dropped Norah off, sound asleep in her car seat {and left her as she was to help prevent any fits of rage for Kim} & an hour and a half later, this is how we picked her up...


 This was the picture Kim texted me... Norah never even knew we were gone.  :)

But while we were, Brad & our dear friend, Travis, were officially being promoted to Third Class Petty Officers & Kirsten & I had the honor of pinning their crows on them.




{I was showing Kirsten how to use my camera & got this picture... shortly following this Brad was having a hard time keeping a straight face... I guess we were a sight to see during the camera tutorial}



The guys worked so hard for this!  We're so proud of them!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Brad!!! We are so proud of your determination and perseverance!!! All the hard work you have put in is paying off :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way Brad is looking at Kalen while she is pinning him :-)
    Norah looks so precious while waiting for her Mother to return. We are so proud of Brad and the support Kalen has given him during this time of transition. They make a great team! Keep up the great work and continue to work hard as it will continue to pay off. Love you, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete