Sunday, May 20, 2012

30

I love having a newborn!!  So much so that even when she's sleeping I have a hard time putting her down and freeing my hands to get things done.  The dishes get put on hold, the laundry piles up, my blog never gets updated in a timely manor, but it's ok because I cherish the moments when Norah is sound asleep and oh so peaceful in my arms.  I don't want these days to end.

As Brad is enjoying these moments that I love so much, I have finally found a second to update my blog from a week ago... my 30th birthday & mother's day weekend!  Since we are new to Maryland, there are so many places I want to go to that I haven't been to in years {or have never had an opportunity to see at all}.  Brad planned an entire day of just the three of us {which is exactly what I wanted}.  He took me to our states capitol, Annapolis!  I have never been here & I loved EVERYTHING about it!  The beautiful historic buildings, the waterfront & sailboats, & all of the mom & pop shops!  I could have spent days here & I can't wait to go back & have a chance to see more of the city!




  {at least the boats were in focus, but it's the only picture of me and Norah, so it had to be documented}

We found this little Danish shop, Wheat, to pick up a cute little hat to protect Norah from the sun.  I fell in love & if I ever win the lottery, her entire wardrobe will come from here.





\






To close out the day, we had dinner near the water and Brad indulged in Maryland's claim to fame, blue crab.  Messy, yes... but I'm pretty sure I wore more of the Maine lobster a few years ago when we took a trip north than I did the crab.  My one rule when he eats these things: turn them around so their beady little eyes aren't staring at me. :)




It was the perfect day & there is no other way I would have rather spent my 30th birthday/first Mom's day!!  I loved every second with my two favorite people!!  I love our little adventures!!

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! <3
    The first picture of the Mary Land Inn is where I used to have my company's customer functions! The crabs look delicious and miss those! Can't wait to visit and have some! So glad you enjoyed your special day<3 It looks like Norah slept through it all. Love the pictures of Norah xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. the envy runneth over!!!!!! crabs and a newborn?! urgh! so when can I come play? hahaha. loovveee newborn stretches and the tiny tongue:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I will have to find something to occupy my time while you and Brad indulge in crab. I was done eating for a good hour waiting on Brad and Norah was so ready to go home by that point.

    Jenni, come anytime, but if you want a newborn to play with, I recommend coming soon...she's growing FAST!

    ReplyDelete