Thursday, March 8, 2012

graduation

Yesterday marked a new milestone in my husband's career.
He is officially out of student status & is moving on to what will be his future in the Navy.
 And let me just say, this wife couldn't be prouder!!



 
Brad was class leader & was presented with a certificate for his hard work throughout the course along with a certificate for leading 117 sailors in command PT.  Talk about a perfect job for him!
He has worked so so hard since we got to Pensacola.  So many nights he has spent at the kitchen table trying to make sense of all of the procedures that go into doing his job.  And so many times he has tried to explain to me what he was learning in class as I looked at him cross eyed.  I really don't know how he crammed so much information into such little time!  Especially when this is a field he had zero knowledge of prior to joining the Navy.  The class received the equivalent of an associates degree in a matter of only 9 weeks!  I will admit, I'm bragging, but I just can't relay how proud I am of him!

Now, after this baby gets here we will be on our way to our first permanent duty station & Brad will begin his career!  He is so excited to get this show on the road!  I have a feeling I'm going to miss student status & knowing he wasn't going anywhere while we were here, but he will do an amazing job in the fleet & it will be a new adventure for both of us!

1 comment:

  1. so great kalen!!!! thats just amazing! you'll have to let me know what its like to be married to someone not in a student-ish roll. hahaha. congrats you THREE!!!

    ReplyDelete