Friday, November 4, 2011

before we left california

Wooo, have I been a busy bee?!  Between work, doctor's appointments, & trying to figure out how to make mine & Brad's schedules jive, I haven't had 5 minutes to blog.  On top of it, I may or may not have neglected saving my pictures onto a back-up source & completely bogged down my laptop.  Moving all of those photos elsewhere was the most time consuming of them all!  But, now that I have accomplished that, let's back up a little bit... I never had a chance to blog about our last outing in San Diego...

We knew for a few weeks we would be leaving California, we just weren't sure when exactly that day would be... so, I got it in my head that I wanted to see everything I could possibly see before leaving the west coast.
Well, that dream was crushed when we found out we had 3 days to pack up the apartment and move, but before we left we were able to kidnap Stephen, after picking him up from the airport, & went to see the oh-so-popular San Diego Zoo.

I love zoos & aquariums.  I find these animals to be absolutely fascinating.  What I would have paid to be able to snuggle with one of those koala bears!  The entire exhibit was perched up in a tree taking a snooze.  By the end of the day, I would have gone for a snooze, too.  The first trimester of my pregnancy was surrounded by food & naps.  If that was the worst side effect I faced, I was a happy camper!

*
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
*

 

 







 

  
*

I have quite a bit to get caught up on with this blog &, as requested, will get some more baby bump pics up.  I am getting used to Northern Florida, but there's a little bit of me that is missing everything San Diego had to offer.  I wish we would have had a little more time to see all that the west coast had to offer, but that's what vacations are for, right??  :)  I can't wait to head up north to see my family for Christmas!  I can't believe that's less than 2 months away!!!  Where is the time going??

1 comment:

  1. I've been MIA all summer. Didn't realize you all were in CA too ({not now obviously, but still). Glad you got to see some of it!

    ReplyDelete