Monday, August 1, 2011

my weekend retreat.

ahhhh... another weekend in Coronado with my hubby.  I'm beginning to LOVE these weekends.  The fear of being in a new city is almost behind me & the enjoyment of every moment spent with Brad makes every bit of that drive worth while!  The view of the drive up the border isn't so bad either.  After driving through many miles of farm land and towns that remind me of the movie Nothing But Trouble with Dan Aykroyd & Demi Moore from the '90's (where I would fear for my life if I were to get pulled over) in Southern California, I get to feast my eyes on these sights.




The sand dunes are spectacular.  It baffles me as to how so much sand ever got to that one location!  There are miles and miles of this soft sand!  I just love the ripples from the wind!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love that every weekend there is something new to do, something different to see & something oh-so-delicious to eat!!  There are non-stop restaurants around the city.  I know there will never be enough days to try them all.  It's a 20-something year old's dream city!  I just LOVE it out here!  In one month I will be a full time resident {this may call for another countdown}.
This weekend we decided to hit up the Padres & Rockies game!  We are a baseball family, that is for sure & I just couldn't believe the price of Padres tickets compared to the Red Sox.  Granted, we didn't have the best seats in the house, but for a Saturday night outing, it was still a great time!







I figured it was only right to route for the Padres Saturday night since they will be our new hometown team, however I will always be a Red Sox girl!!  :-)
Sadly, the hometown team didn't win, but we all had a great time!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sundays are always sad.  The weekends go by too quickly, but I'm loving our new ritual of hitting up the coffee shop up the street from our new place for a quick breakfast before heading back to Arizona.


I love the '50's feel of it & hearing Brown Eyed Girl on the jukebox!  
I really think I'm going to love calling this place "home"  & how could I not... 


...everything I've ever wanted & needed is right there!!

2 comments:

  1. Where is Arizona are you? I just left Yuma to move to Phoenix but still have family in Yuma. San Diego is my absolute favorite place (granted I have not been to too many places but still :)) and Yes the dunes are pretty amazing. My grandpa is actually the camp host there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenn! I am tentatively staying with my in-laws right outside of Phoenix (Peoria to be exact). That's so neat about your grandpa! I would love to spend some time at the dunes. I think my husband would just love it! I am loving San Diego! I can't wait to move there in September... I can't rush August on fast enough!! :-) How are you liking Phoenix so far??

    ReplyDelete