Thursday, July 14, 2011

heat wave

I have been in Arizona for about a week now & I can't help but feel I am on a much needed vacation.
It has been a long couple of months being separated from Brad & I have been itching for some relaxation.
Well, let me tell you, I'm getting it & I better soak it up now, because it may not last forever.

My in-laws have been wonderful & so hospitable.  I couldn't feel more comfortable in their home if I tried {even Damon is more at ease spending most of his time snoozing and observing what everyone in the house is doing}. 

I wake up every morning & go to work.  Since my office is east coast time, that means I'm out by 2pm everyday!  It's quite wonderful & I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to still work for the same company I have been with for the past 7 years!  I am very fond of the job I do & the people I work with, but having the peace & quiet of working from home guarantees a lot of work to get done... I love that!
After my day "at the office," I walk outside & lay by/in/around the pool for a few hours.  It's a good time to get my reading in, too... and occasionally a nap.  I am not the same, white, pasty girl that left Vermont 2 weeks ago, that is for sure!

After some down time, dinner, & my favorite time of the day {skyping with my hubby}, Damon is usually whining to go out for his walk.  Boy, does he love his walks & so do I... especially in these parts.  Check out the view:


It's hot here, I'm not going to lie!  And people say "oh, but it's a dry heat..."  Phewy!  It's hot!  However, I've learned that my body was created to stand the heat.  I am not a winter girl, I'm a hot summer desert girl & I'm loving every ounce of the sunshine! :-)

There is a lot of wildlife in Arizona.  I haven't seen anything too crazy, yet {i.e. coyotes & snakes}, but the lizards, bunnies, & bats sure send my nerves flying when they rush out of the bushes.   I'll get used to it all, I'm sure.  I guess it can't get too much worse than the bears in New England.

I'm trying to soak in as much of these moments as possible.  Brad arrives on the west coast tomorrow & I couldn't be more excited to be in the same time zone as him.  I'm itching to get a place to call home again & start a family!  Hopefully in a few short weeks things will be back to "normal" & Brad and I will be reunited on a full time basis.

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for ou guys! Cannot wait for you guys to get settled & make a home. how fun!! we love you guys! keep the fun updates coming! Its nice to read all about this new chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying your time with your in-laws and getting some much needed R&R...after the roller coaster ride you and Brad have been on, you definitely deserve it. I am so proud of you and all you have done while supporting Brad...you are much stronger then you realize. Although this east coast girl misses your terribly, I am so happy and proud of you. I can't wait for you to get settled into your home together...partially bc I wanna come visit!!!! So proud of you and Brad....I admire the way you stick together through this hard separation!! Love you both so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kalen! This east-coaster misses you too! I'm so happy for you on this new, exciting chapter of your life! I admire you a lot for having the courage to make such a huge change- it will pay off in the long run! Enjoy your R&R, and I second the request to keep the updates coming. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It drives me nuts when people say "its a dry heat" LOL It is hot people! I love Arizona though. I will take the heat any day. I am glad you are enjoying your time!

    ReplyDelete