Monday, July 25, 2011

coronado

This weekend I ventured to the state of California for the very first time in my life.  Until I had come to Arizona, I had never been further west than Indiana.  I have always seen the palm trees & beautiful beaches of California on TV growing up & have always wanted to experience the west coast.  I can finally cross that one off the bucket list.  I took the 6 hour drive up U.S. & Mexico border & met the hubby for a fun filled weekend of showing me around our new stomping grounds.  I really do think I'm going to love it here {especially once the winter comes and all of you east coasters start posting pictures of **snow** online}!  Although, after a few weeks of 110 degree weather, even 75 feels cold to me!!  
The traffic & city driving is going to take some getting used to, but the beautiful thing about it all is 
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION... 
I'm just a little bit excited about that.  I haven't seen buses in 7 years & I love that I don't have to drive into the city if I don't want to. :-)

This weekend was Comic-Con in San Diego... it was interesting, to say the least.  I was sad to learn that the Big Bang Theory cast was in attendance.  I may have paid a little more attention had I known that.






Brad took me for ice cream in downtown...mmmm... I'm going to have to be careful about that!
San Diego has so many restaurants!  I wanted to try them all!!  Of course there was not enough time in the weekend, but I'm so excited to have so many options to choose from!!!

We went to the mall, which was so refreshing because it is outdoors.  You still get to enjoy the sunshine of Southern California while getting in some retail therapy {and 5 floors of shops, at that}!

 





We walked down to Petco Park where the Padres' play & it sure did make me miss home!  I can't wait for my nephew & brothers to come out to catch a game with us!  We got to watch part of the Padres & Phillies game on the big screen outside the park!  I could see myself watching some away games from the hill.






Brad showed me around the island a little bit {this was a view from our hotel room}.  We were even able to secure a condo for us, so I am very excited to become a resident beginning next month!  We had a very eventful weekend & I can't wait to come back and see more of the city!  I can't see how you could ever run out of things to do.  I LOVE that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment