Monday, June 27, 2011

so proud


He did it!!!  I received the call tonight that my hubster is officially a United States Sailor!!
This has been his life long dream & I'm so happy that he gets to live it!  I couldn't be any prouder.
He has worked so hard to get to where he is.  Many many months of blood, sweat & tears have gone into fulfilling this dream.  I never thought we would see this day.  I cannot wait to celebrate with him on Friday!!

On a bittersweet note, tonight is my last night as a New Englander!  After 11 years of living in Vermont, I am finally saying goodbye to the Green Mountains and the Berkshires of Massachusetts.  Brad and I have made some amazing friends over the years & I will be the first to say that we will miss them all dearly!
I have found an amazing friend in Brenda {even more so over the past 9 weeks}.  She has taken me under her wing & made sure the separation from Brad has been as painless as possible.
She has entertained me & supported me every step of the way.  I know Brad is equally as grateful for the friend she has been to me; having one less thing to worry about knowing that I was safe & comfortable staying with her.  Brenda, I owe you!  I hope I can be half the friend that you have been to me!  I'm going to miss you & our 6-8 mile walks!  Thanks for always offering a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen.
Tomorrow I begin the loooong trek across country with Brad's parents!  I am beyond excited for Friday & that first sighting of Brad.  He will look so handsome in his uniform & I cannot wait for that first hug in 2 months!
I am one lucky girl.  Not a week went by that he didn't tell me how much he loved me & missed me!  I would have never made it through the past two months without his loving words!  He really knows how to make a lady feel like a million bucks!  What could I have possibly done in life to deserve him???  Eventually we will be sitting on a beach & I just can't wait.  It won't happen as quickly as I would like, but I will keep the image in my mind & know that we won't be apart forever.
In the meantime, the car is packed & ready to go.  Come next week, I'm going to wish I never had to see the inside of a car again, but I will try to enjoy it.  Not everyone can say they had the opportunity to drive across country & it's something I've always wanted to do.  I wish Brad could join us on the adventure, but having to do it again isn't out of the question {the beauties of military life}.  I pray the next 3 days fly by & the weekend drags on.  I will cherish every second of our time together & can't wait to start our new life together in our new location!!!

3 comments:

  1. It must have been something you learned from that amazing mom of yours......'how to support your spouse while putting your life on hold and allowing them to follow their dreams' Brad is so lucky to have you, and I am so lucky to have Jason...seriously, there's something to be said about you two!!!
    I am so proud of you and Brad. You kept your eye on the prize and never let up! I'm sure leaving Vermont is a little bittersweet, you created a life together up in the mountains and have made many memories together!
    We are very excited to come out and visit the two of you in Cali :)

    We love you both so very much!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Kalen!! Safe travels! You will both be in our thoughts these next few day and weeks to come. You are an amazing person and I feel so lucky to have known both you and Brad!! Enjoy every second of your weekend together!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! :)
    I wish you the best of luck in your new journey! I will miss you tons! Drop me a line sometime once you get settled. I can't wait to hear about how things go on the west coast!
    Much love to you!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete