Friday, June 3, 2011

land of the free

Today I changed the countdown to 4 weeks!  WOO HOO!
We are half way there!!!
I have a good feeling about the next 4 weeks.  I think they will go by quickly.
So much to do... so little time & that's the way I like it {for now, anyway}.

I had the opportunity to take a trip home to Pennsylvania last weekend.  I took full advantage of the 3 day weekend & loved every waking moment of it!  It was wonderful to get to spend more time with family & meet new people!
My brother & sister-in-law kept me super busy all weekend & it is bittersweet that it flew by.


 Everything was decked out in Red, White, & Blue!
I loved it!  Check out those cupcakes!  I've seen the most creative cupcakes come out of Whole Foods.
These were equally as beautiful as all of the others!





Bryn flew a flag for her Uncle Brad & we all spent the weekend talking all about him & how proud we all are of him for the sacrifices he is making for our country!  Everyday so many people tell me to thank him for his service.  I would like to thank everyone for your support!

We spent our day Sunday hanging out with some wonderful people.  I had the opportunity to meet people from all over the country & I hope I have the chance to see them again someday!  There were games, tire swings, even a live jam session & most importantly... RITA'S!!!  That alone made my entire weekend worth the trip! :-)

It is hot, hot, hot in Pennsylvania right now {it does not make straightening my hair worth the effort... haha}, but I loved the sunshine & I enjoyed driving around all weekend in Pam's Jeep & most excitedly, going for my very first motorcycle ride on my brother's bike!



I cannot wait for my trip to Pennsylvania next weekend!  Although there will be little time with family, every second with them is going to be priceless!  I'm really going to miss them when we finally make it to the west coast!  I miss them already!!!


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment