Saturday, May 21, 2011

1/4

Well, I made it 1/4 of the way through this seperation from Brad. 
When we were at the hotel the, night before he shipped, Brad's roommate (who had already been through boot camp) told him that the first 3 weeks are the hardest. 
I know he was referring to Brad getting over the hump of being in a new place & being homesick,
but I can't help but think it's going to be the complete opposite on my side of the spectrum.
The first week was easy peasy for me.  I was sooooo busy (I still am), but I thought, "this week flew by... Brad will be done in no time."  Last night I had the opposite feeling.  Brad's been gone for 2 1/2 weeks & I can't help but think I'm only 1/4 of the way through.  I haven't even made the halfway point yet!  eek!!!

On a good note, Brad should be receiving his writing privleges soon.  Every day I anticipate mail coming across my desk at work, but so far I've only received his form letter.  I cannot wait to read all about life at boot camp! :-)

My hubby would be so proud of me in his absence **insert sarcasm here**.  He's only been gone a few weeks & I have already managed to get a virus on the laptop.  Sadly, I wasn't anticipating this (although, Brad would not be surprised at all that I managed to crash the computer... AGAIN).  I was doing research on what to expect after boot camp and made a bad choice of links to click on.  The internet wasn't an option anymore, but our IT guy at work was able to rebuild our laptop for me.  He's such a doll!  Unfortunately, I packed my Photoshop & was not about to go searching through the storage unit for it (although the thought crossed my mind a few times).  I have discovered Picnik!  LOVE IT!  So much cheaper than Photoshop (it's free, actually) & so much fun to use!!!  I'm so easily ammused.

For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to stay distracted.  I was so excited to hear that one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world was flying in to Albany from Colorado to see her daughter graduate from college.  I wasn't missing the opportunity to see her!  I headed out to Albany on Thursday to grab a quick bite to eat & a nice evening of catching up.


Barbara was my advisor and my favorite professor in college.  She has been there for Brad & I for so many years & I've always defined her as a second mom to me!  She is wonderful & so caring!  I hate that I have yet to make it to Colorado to visit with her, but am thrilled to be much closer to her by the end of the summer!  I'm looking forward to making up missed time with her!
 
Todd (pictured on the left) was a fellow student in all of my Barbara classes & my co-host on our radio show!  He was able to convince Barbara not to assign us homework one semester so we could focus on being mentors to the new students.  He's brilliant & I'm so happy to learn that Todd is now an airline attendant for our US military!  I hope that Brad and I will have a familiar face on our flights down the road!
 
 
It was wonderful to catch up with both of you!  Please come visit us in San Diego!!
 
Last night was Relay for Life in North Adams!  I have been a part of the Bennington Relay for Life committee for the past 4 or so years.  I stepped down last year when Brad and I started making the decision to relocate.  I missed being a part of the committee this year, but really enjoyed participating in North Adams' Relay last night. 
I said an extra prayer for Brad's grandfather as we walked around the track & remembered my mom, who is the reason I started Relaying in the first place!  It was a very emotional evening for me, as it always is!
 
 
I have a lot to look forward to over the next month.  I'm hoping the next 6 weeks fly by!  I'm missing my husband like crazy & I just can't wait to see him march out on his graduation day in a month and 10 days (but, who's counting??)!

1 comment:

  1. I am so so so so so glad Brad has you. YOu are so sweet & so stinkin' cute!!!! I just want you to know how glad I am to call you sister! love you to pieces! (even if I only see/talk to you once every 100 years ;) )

    ReplyDelete