Friday, December 31, 2010

i'm dreaming of...

...a warm Christmas.

And, with GREAT help from Brad's parents, our dreams came true.  It is no surprise that I hate the snow, and we couldn't have asked for a better week to be celebrating the holiday, with family, in sunny Arizona!  My heart ached for everyone stuck in the blizzard on the east coast.  We had at least 2 feet of snow when we arrived home to Vermont.  We did not miss it one bit.

Let me just say, I am IN LOVE with Arizona.  It's beautiful.
Everyone tells me how brown it is and how it takes adjusting to, but I LOVED it & I LOVED that it wasn't white! :-)

I took a TON of pictures this week & I'm having such a hard time sorting through them.  I love all of the faces in the pictures & want to share them with all of you.


Brad and I spent the day before Christmas Eve traveling & sitting in airports.
The flight to Arizona was long.  I don't mind flying {it beats driving}, but we were exhausted by the time we landed at 1am.

 

{Can you tell they're related?!?}

On Christmas Eve, Brad and I woke up to the pitter patter of little feet across the floor, the voices of three excited little boys, & lots of waves from the cutie pie, Maddox
{in the above pictures}.


Our brother-in-law, Rod, celebrated his 30th birthday on Christmas Eve.  His wife, Jenni, threw him a wonderful fiesta with a delicious mexican spread.  The theme of this trip was food & I have the scale to prove it!

It has become a tradition for everyone to go to the Phoenix Zoo on Christmas Eve to celebrate Rod's birthday & to experience the Zoo Lights.  It was a beautiful stroll through the zoo.



We had a wonderful Christmas Eve.
Stay tuned for more pictures from our week in the southwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment