Friday, November 26, 2010

happy thanksgiving

Brad and I are so blessed with such an amazing family!!
That is what I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving and everyday!
Sadly, it is impossible to be with all of our family from Pennsylvania to Arizona, but we were so grateful
when we were invited to New Hampshire to celebrate the holiday with Brad's aunts, uncles, & cousins.
We love getting to visit with them & Brad especially loves any time he can spend with Craig.

We arrived Wednesday night just in time for dinner & some relaxation time!
Craig showed us the town & we enjoyed a few drinks at Margaritas {love it there}!!!

When we woke up on Thanksgiving, Aunt Carol, Uncle Kevin, Craig, Brad, & Kimmy worked off some calories by
running in a 5k.  Damon and I stayed behind to watch the Rockettes in the parade
{one of my favorite Thanksgiving Day traditions}.
Sad to say, we were watching the wrong channel & completely missed the Rockettes....
but, now I know there are two Macy's parades. :-)

I spent the afternoon catching up with Aunt Carol in the kitchen while the boys got their hands dirty  playing with electronics, trains, & soldering guns.

We enjoyed a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving meal at the Campbell's golf course club house!
We indulged in turkey {Quorn "chick'n" stuffed with goat cheese & cranberries for me}, stuffings, potatoes, casseroles, cranberry sauce, veggies, pies with homemade whipped cream, and the most delicious were the homemade cinnamon buns.
Oh, were they YUMMY!!!
And being the newbie to the Campbell's Thanksgiving dinner, I was the lucky recipient of the cinnamon bun in the center
{according to everyone at the table, that's where it's at... and I have no doubt about it}!

After our amazing meal, we decided to get Damon outside for some exercise {and for ourselves, too}.
We walked the front 9 of the course & as cold as it was, it felt good to burn off a few calories.
Surprisingly, this is the only picture I took the entire trip {what was I thinking??}

{Brad, Damon, Craig, Kimmy, Uncle Kevin}

Craig took us out later for some pool & chinese with his friend Andy.
Although I played like a pro, Craig brought his game out on the last two rounds & sent Brad and I packing.

This afternoon, we ventured back home so Brad could make it to work in time.
I'm missing chats with the family, but I'm so grateful for the time spent with them!
They are the sweetest!  Thank you so much for opening your home to us!

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday!
Lots of love to the family we couldn't be with this week!

1 comment: