Tuesday, October 26, 2010

picture show, in the back row

I have a short list of all time favorite movies...
...these movies have been on the list since I was a kid or in my teenage years.
I find few movies, in recent years, that are capable of making this list.

When I was a teenager, I was introduced to the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
I've watched it hundreds of times, I'm sure, & couldn't begin to tell you why I love this movie...
...it's completely out there & quite crazy.
Maybe it's the musical aspect of it... or how insane the characters are...
Tim Curry is a hoot!

I do know that since I was introduced to this movie, at 15, I have DREAMED of going to see it live!
And with my naturally frizzy hair, I knew I wanted to go as Magenta, the "domestic."

I can't even tell you how easy it was to get the hair right!

So, when Brad's cousin, Craig, was visiting a few weeks ago, he was telling me all about his experience at the live edition of Rocky Horror & now I was determined to find somebody to go with me.
I don't know how it came about, but Craig's friend, Erika, was all about it {she's outgoing like that}!
And then, somehow, he was able to convince Brad to go.
Sad to say, Craig wasn't able to make it up for a visit yesterday to join us. :-(


The live show is meant to be very interactive.  The play the movie on a big screen & have a live cast acting it out in front.
  I wish I would have done my homework before going.  So much goes into the live version!

We got a prop kit that included:
  • bird seed: to throw during the wedding scene
  • a newspaper: to hold over our heads when it's raining
  • a rubber glove: to snap when Dr. Frank-N-Furter is revealing Rocky
  • confetti: to throw during Rocky & Dr. Frank-N-Furter's wedding march
  • a noise maker: to applaud Dr. Frank-N-Furter
  • toilet paper: to throw when Dr. Scott enters the castle
  • toast: to throw when Dr Frank-N-Furter proposes a toast at dinner
We all danced the time warp, sang along, & yelled obseneties at the appropriate times.
We had a blast!

And as much fun as it all was, the best part was getting dressed up! :-)

Brad went as Brad {Majors}... he fit the role well!


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh You guys look GREAT!!!! So glad you had a fun time! I'd love to do that with Jason!!!! Your outfits look great as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hillarious! looking too cute!!! & you look HOTT to trot in that girls night photo! ps: so dang sad about thanksgiving. really. I was hoping we could all hang out now taht im past my uptightness-ness.. haha.

    ReplyDelete