Sunday, August 29, 2010

saratoga

Brad turned 26 on Thursday!!  Finally, I don't feel so old. :-)

Since he had to work on his birthday, we decided that I would take a vacation day on Wednesday & we would head out to Saratoga to see the horse races.


We spent a lot of time walking around the town.  Unfortunately, the walk was unintentional & caused us to waste a lot of time getting into the track.  One of the things I loved most about the town were the street signs (of which, I didn't get any pictures), but these signs lined the roadway & they were equally as neat.
These signs are posted for the winners in those years.  I just love the quircky names they give horses.

Brad and I spent a lot of time walking in circles once we got inside the track, which, again, wasted a lot of our time getting to see a race.... haha.  I'm convinced the employees of the track were playing games with us by steering us in the wrong direction.

But, eventually, we got to our seats and were able to enjoy a few races...

I've always wanted a white horse.


The birthday boy..
I'm pretty smitten over him. :-)

After the races we headed back to Albany just in time for our dinner reservations at our favorite restaraunt...

(Sorry for the sad looking cell phone picture)

We had dinner at The Melting Pot & it was the perfect end to the night!
It just so happened they were hosting a special dinner from a local brewery, so we were able to enjoy a sample of their beers with each course.

Between the great news we were given in the morning, the fun at the races, and the delicious dinner, I would say his birthday was pretty much perfect!  I'm so glad we were able to spend it together (even if it was a day early)!

1 comment: