Sunday, July 25, 2010

USS Slater



A few weeks ago we had a long awaited visit from my brother, Jason, sister-in-law, Pam, & our nephew & niece, Dylan & Bryn.  We were so excited for their arrival that we decided to meet them in Albany & spend the day touring the USS Slater.  Last summer, Brad & I toured the Navy ship & really enjoyed it.  We thought the kids would find it interesting, too.  Little did we know, we were going to get the most descriptive tour guide ever.  We were litteraly on a 3 hour tour. 

It was a little long for the kiddos, but they got to see what it was like for the sailors to sleep on a ship.

Brad was teaching Dylan how to tie knots.

And Brad & Jason got to catch up on life... They really love getting together & I can't think of anything better than my brother's loving & accepting the guy I get to spend the rest of my life with!

I know Pam missed him, too! :-)

The stairs & ladders were a big challenge with Bryn, but we made it through.

He's getting so big & so handsome!  Where did the little boy go?

This is Frank O. Slater, the hero the ship was named after.  You can read his story here.

After spending the day in Albany, we had four days of fun and relaxation at the campground (pictures to follow in the next couple of days).  We had so much fun with the kids at the ship & I sure am missing them!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment