Sunday, April 25, 2010

bald mountain


Which direction will we go?!? 

Brad and I spent our morning hiking to Bald Mountain yesterday.  This was the trail head that I came across on our road for the first time, on Easter.  And to think we have lived on, ran, and walked this road sooooo many times for the past 3 years.  It was a beautiful hike!  Trails.com said it would take us 4 hours, however, either we did it really quickly, or they're wrong because we weren't gone for 3 hours (and that included some admiring time at the top).  The weather was somewhere between 65 and 70 degrees with a nice breeze.  It really was the perfect hiking weather!



This was the view Brad was admiring:


We made it to the top & decided to scope out a camp site (someday we'll come back and do the 10 mile hike to Glastenbury).  A stop, along the way to camp, would make it a much more enjoyable trip.  I think doing the hike in one day (unless we got up rediculously early), would be pushing it, but since this trail is a part of the Appalachian Trail, camping is allowed!  Who wants to go back packing?!?


Finding a spot wasn't very easy, as you can see all of the white rocks when you get to the peak.  Surprisingly, it is very sandy at the top, too!  I read that Vermont has 4 Bald Mountains... none of which are actually "bald" at the top.  This particular Bald Mountain, had forest fires back in the day, but has since been brought back to life.  It was beautiful.


(I wish I knew what happened to my pink Red Sox hat... My hair is not a fan of nature... hense, why I'm usually the one behind the camera).

No comments:

Post a Comment