Friday, April 2, 2010

ahhhh...



...it was out there all along!  Mother nature was just playing games with us!  We had the most beautiful weather today (the kind of weather that makes you enjoy Vermont for what it's worth).  And this was the first flower I have seen of the season.  Spring is my all time favorite season.  It's a moment I look forward to after a long, dreadful winter without enough sunlight... I love the sound of the birds chirping when the sun is rising just in time for me to leave for work in the morning... all of the colors that paint the landscape is enough to put a smile on anyone's face!  I could name a million reasons why spring beats any season for me, but most of all, it's because you know that you have a few warm months to look forward to before returning to that dreadful white stuff.  Now, since the stock market is closed on Good Friday, I had the luxury of enjoying a day off.  Brad and I decided to make the best of it by enjoying the great outdoors today!



We played for a little at the monument!  It really is one of Bennington's prized possessions that isn't utilized enough!  I think I could spend hours laying on a blanket, reading at the base of the monument (which could easily be how I spend my weekends this summer).



Brad and I did some geocaching, which we haven't done in a long time.  Now that there are new caches to be found, we went exploring.



Apparently, this still wasn't enough sunshine, so at the end of the day, right before the sun went down, we took Damon for a walk in the Hollow.


And he couldn't have been happier.  I love our quiet road.  Going for a walk was a great way to end the perfect day.  In case you didn't know, the Long Trail begins at the end of our road, yet surprisingly, I've never been on it, until tonight!



What a great spot to go camping (if it's even legal... something we'll have to look into).  In the meantime, Brad is counting down the days to fishing season (for those keeping track, it's 8).  However, if the rain keeps up, he won't be going anytime soon...



...however, white water rafting may be an option. ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful.!!
    The water looks WILD to say the least and the Long Trail is the trail that Brad and I walked the last time I was with you guys. I loved it but would never walk it alone. Enjoy the rest of Good Friday, we are off to church soon. Love and miss you both so much. Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! so great! you two always keeping busy! We love you!

    ReplyDelete