Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Spring!!

I LOVE SRING!!  It's my favorite season!  After the long, cold winters we endure here in Vermont, there's nothing better, in my opinion, than the sound of birds chirping, the sight of the snow melting, and finally being able to wear skirts and flip flops!!!  I have been looking forward to the 60+ degree days we've been having lately, for many many months! 

It's time to change over the clothes in my closets (which I think will be a project for next week).  And it was time to change over the Vera Bradley bag!  I've been carrying different variations of the Mod Floral Pink pattern for two years now, and besides the fact that it has been retired and the stores no longer carry it, I really wanted a new pattern to pop this summer!  So, when I heard that Vera Bradley's 2010 Summer line was released, I had to check it out.  There was a lot to choose from, but for some reason I ended up walking out of the stores with neither a 2010 purse nor a summer pattern.  I looked at the Large Hobo (way too large) and the Alice (too oddly shaped for me), but when I picked up the Morgan in the Hope Garden pattern, I fell in love!  Mind you, I still stood there for 20 minutes battling with the white background on the pattern (bless my husband for putting up with me).  The white is a recipe for disaster with the way I throw my purse around...  I came very close to going with the Cupcake Green (a recently retired pattern that I LOVED last season), but somewhere down the line I fell out of love with it.  So, Hope Garden it was... here's hoping I can keep it clean!!


Isn't it adorable?!?  I absolutely love the pockets on the front!  Hope Garden came out last year and I didn't love it then, either, but boy is it the perfect spring/summer pattern!  Now I will have to slowly pick up accessories for it, since all of mine are Mod Floral Pink!!  Oh, how I love Vera (so much that I kid with Brad that we should name our first girl Vera Bradley... after him, of course).  ;-)  So, buh bye Mod Floral Pink & hello Hope Garden!!!

**I'm pretty sure I'm one of few people who can write an entire blog on my Vera Bradley purse**  So sad!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love your new bag! I do love the design and colors are so beautiful. Spring has sprung!
    I also like Vera Bradley for a girl's name..
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. Brad would NEVER allow that name. I'm lucky he would let me have a Norah (if we are so blessed to have a girl someday). I'll leave it at that before he denies both of them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete