Sunday, March 14, 2010

Celebrating Early!

It has become the norm in our house to celebrate things on our own time.  With Brad's crazy schedule, we have come to cope with making special moments even more special by being more spontaneous.  I hope, when the day comes to have children, that they will understand this quirky tradition.

Everybody who knows me, knows that St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays.  My grandmother, on my dad's side, was 100% Irish, and I cherish that little bit of my heritage.... I always have!!  I have even been caught Googling trips to Ireland throughout the past couple of weeks.  What a dream vacation that would be for me!!!  I am extremely proud to know that I am a part of the Doyle name.

Now, since Brad is working Wednesday night, we decided we would celebrate the holiday today.  I started by making cupcakes.  These aren't just any old cupcake... No, they're unlike anything I've ever had before.

I'll be honest, I was hesitant, but really, how bad could they be if the batter was made with a bottle of Guinness beer & the frosting was made with a touch of yummy yummy Bailey's Irish Cream.  My thoughts exactly!!  :-)  They came out great!  Brad taste tested them & gave them two thumbs up.



After a cupcake (or two), we are continuing our celebration with the sequel to one of our favorite movies, Boondock Saints.  We were excited to see it come out in the theater & now even more excited to have it arrive in the mail from Netflix (perfect timing)!!!  For those of you who have never seen it, it's about two Irish Catholic brothers who are from South Boston (hense the Irish theme).  That's about the extent of the theme... the rest is just a matter of a fantastic storyline!  Seriously, if you haven't seen the first one, it's a must!!!  I'm hoping the second one lives up to the original!

Happy (early) Saint Patrick's Day to all!!!

3 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look delicious! Wish I could be there to taste test too! Enjoy your evening.
    Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can make them again (they were pretty simple). So, no worries, I will be happy to make them for you someday soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this on Wednesday while Jason is at work! Since I'm on Spring Break this week, I'm trying to make some yummy dinners and treats for us while I have the time!
    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete