Monday, January 18, 2010

Snowshoeing



Today we took advantage of both of us having a day off from work and went snowshoeing in the Berkshire Mountains!  The weather was perfect!  We had a fresh snow fall last night & the temperatures were up in the 30s... I know that must sound cold to everyone down south, but when you're hiking up a mountain with a million layers on, trust me, it's perfect!!!  Brad and I did some research and found a hiking trail in Williamstown that I had never heard of.  Actually, there are quite a few trails owned by Williams College in the area that we're going to have to tackel over the next couple of months!  The Pine Cobble Trail was a two mile trail from the base to the summit.  A good start to our snowshoeing season!!!  We had a great time & took a few pictures on the way up!


A polarized lense is next on my list of items to purchase... That sun would have turned out AMAZING with one!!


Brad seemed less than thrilled at the summit.  Not sure why, he settled right into the snow for a few minutes of peaceful rest and relaxation.


The views of Williamstown were stunning!  I can only imagine this in the fall!!!


We had some fun at the summit before descending back down the mountain!

I do believe Brad and I need more days off together!  We had a blast and can't wait to find another trail to explore!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great photos! Great to see you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures & the textures you applied!! totally great! such an artist you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian it was great to see you, too! It made the drive to Albany worth it!!! :-)

    Jenni, I <3 Photoshop... it's a lot of fun to try new things... you'll have to teach me some of your tricks next time we're together!!! The textures seem to be one of the easier things I've learned to do with photos.

    ReplyDelete