Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hidden Treasure?


It dawned on me the other day that there was something special amongst the "stuff" out in our shed.  Our storage is full of totes and totes of memories of mine and Brad's childhood... things we keep for whatever reason.  Whether we ever use any of it again is a mystery, but while sitting at work last week I remembered that one of the many items I found, while cleaning and packing up my room at my mom's house four years ago, was my dad's camera.  For years this camera was in the faces of my brothers and I, but I couldn't remember the model.  I was secretly hoping it was a Canon so I could put the lenses on my camera.  I remember there being an unfixable issue with this camera (the film used to jam up on a regular basis... yes, it's a 35mm), which is why I think it was given to me in the first place.  But, to my surprise, it wasn't a Canon at all, but a Minolta.  It's a neat looking camera... so vintage!!!  And along with the camera and original lense was another toy:


Boy, how happy it would make me if we were able to find affordable adapters for these so I can use them.  They are in desperate need of some TLC & professional cleaning.  This will be a project for me once I find a reputable camera store in the area (and find out if they're even worth the time and money).  In the meantime, I'll play with the two new filters that were connected to these lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment