Sunday, November 22, 2009

A busy busy world...

I wonder, am I the only one who thinks November is taking it's sweet old time?  Well, maybe not, but for as busy as we have been, I feel like it should be flying by much faster.  I guess I shouldn't be wishing it away, though... before we know it, the snow will be here & I'll be wishing for this beautiful weather all over again.

This week I started my photography class.  I wish I could say it was going great, but I'm learning a few things and that's what is important.  The first thing the instructor said to us was, "read your manual." 

**Groan**

The reason I took the class was because when I read my manual, I feel like I'm reading latin.  There has to be an easier way!!!  My goal is to not always use the automatic settings on the camera (although, I probably should... the pictures come out so much better when I do).  However, all in all, I'm having fun playing with my new toy.

The instructor had us go around the school and find some inspiration.  This was a painting on the wall.  I didn't capture the entire picture, but I thought the details in the eye were amazing.



Lockers in the hallway...



I love the detail in the floor leading up to the lockers



At the end of class our instructor asked us to choose a subject we wanted to photograph over the weekend.  The class agreed on covered bridges which made me so happy.  Brad informed me that the smallest covered bridge in the world was located in Wilmington, however it was on private property with a sign that read "No Trespassing."  Since Brad has a polygraph coming up, I figured it would be in my best interest (and his) to stay out of trouble. :-)  But there is another very beautiful bridge in Wilmington that we decided to take pictures of:








I <3 it!!!

We leave for Boston tomorrow, so I will have plenty of time to take pictures on Tuesday! :-)

In the meantime, my Damon had to go to the doggy hotel for a few days & it always breaks my heart to send him there.  He was such a good boy about it today, but I know how anxious he gets.  Maybe he's finally catching on that we'll actually pick him up and he will be able to come home!


I <3 HIM!!! :-)

1 comment: